Saturday, February 26, 2011

Coordinate Your Accessories

Here's just one more small example of how paint can totally change the appearance of even the simplest things.

I needed a plate holder and found this one at the thrift store for $1.




I didn't care for the plain old brown!




So I spray painted it a shade of olive green that I had leftover from another project.  After that dried I whitewashed it.  That's just basically watering down white paint and rubbing or brushing it on.  Then I distressed the edges to let just a bit of the natural color show through.





And now it matches my plate perfectly!




So simple, but now it looks like they were a matching pair. 



2 comments:

  1. Good idea! It looks like it would cost a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I'm a new follower! I also gave you an award over at my blog. Feel free to stop by and grab it! Dana @ D'Lea Designs

    www.dlea-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete