Thursday, April 7, 2011

Boys & Their Toys

Here's another little simple paint project for ya.  I got this wooden toy box for Carter's room.  It's small... so it's not like I will use it for actual toys... but still, it's cute for a decor piece. (that's a frame sitting inside of it BTW)







I spray painted it brown, and then hand painted the letters in black.






Then I painted over the black with 4 different colors of paint that I had used on his walls for his bedroom (click here to see that).






Once that dried, I heavily distressed it with sandpaper all over and put it on this cute little shelf in his room.

























I think it turned out pretty cute! 


Anyway, I am planning a little girls getaway this weekend so I won't be posting anything until next week.  Meanwhile, I need some ideas on how to paint this monstrosity!  It's a small entertainment center that was FREE right down the street from my house.  Can't pass that up now can ya?  So I figure it will be a practice piece for me to play around with, but I want some new ideas on colors, glazing, distressing.... what you do you think?






Send me your ideas and then maybe I will have enough energy to tackle this one.... after a nice relaxing trip this weekend.  Hope yours is great!


Click here to link back to one of the great parties I join each week.  Thanks!





17 comments:

  1. Is that "monstrosity" a jewelry box? I can't tell from the photo it its on a shelf or the floor....lol. I think whatever you choose it will be GREAT. I see tons of potential in it and I am sure you do as well or it never woulda made it past the doorway :) And I LOVE that little box!!! You'd be surprised what he may use it for....my 6 year old has one like that and somedays its a tool box, some days it holds crayons and somedays he uses it for self defense (4 older brothers.....lol) Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I have a little Carter too, so I especially love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. When you said it was too small for actual toys, what popped into my head was all these little Dragons we have around here. I would love something cute like that for the little toys that get strewn all about! Maybe with a handle like that it would be easier to carry it about? I have to keep my eyes out for something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so ADORABLE! Totally rustic and cute and a perfect fit. Thanks for sharing at the VIP party today =)
    Cheers! Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love how you distressed it, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen where some people are doing a gray undertone paint with a grayish beach blue brushed over the top & then a cocoa glaze OR a whitewash over that. Looks like it has great potential!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out really cute! Have a great getaway...your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's adorable! Love it!! (So would my son!)
    Hey I awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award this morning on my blog- stop by to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I think it looks perfect!! :)
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  10. That toy box is soooo stinkin' cute!! Wonderful work!!
    I can't help you with the new free piece. YOU are the genius with paint!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turned out great girl...although all your projects do. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Please add my link or button to your post to get the word out about the newbie party. thanks:O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your caddy looks great with the letters painted like that. I can see your entertainment painted a creamy white and then rubbed with glaze so the pattern on the front shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! That's so cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What about decopauging on that entertainment center? Painted cream, glazed, and vintage sheet music or book pages...might be a hassle, but pretty.

    Love your blog - following you now on google :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete